What is the difference between home insurance and building insurance?

Answered by

Christina Miller
Christina MillerAuto Insurance Analyst

Posted on Jan 27, 2023

There is a big difference between home insurance and building insurance. Home insurance typically covers the contents of your home, such as furniture, electronics, and clothing. Building insurance, on the other hand, covers the structure of your home in the event of a fire, storm, or other natural disaster. It's important to have both types of insurance to ensure that you are fully protected in the event of a disaster.

People are also asking

  • Are watches covered by home insurance?

    There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on the specific policy in question. However, in general, most home insurance policies do not cover watches as they are considered to be a luxury item. That said, it is always best to check with your insurer to find out if your specific pol

    Read more
  • How big is a 2.5-car garage?

    A 2.5-car garage is typically around 20 feet by 20 feet, or 400 square feet. This size can accommodate two cars and some storage space. Larger garages of around 3 or 4 cars can be as large as 24 feet by 24 feet, or 576 square feet.

    Read more
  • Does Liberty Mutual insure homes in Florida?

    Yes, Liberty Mutual does insure homes in Florida. In fact, we have a number of different policies available to Floridians, including homeowners, renters, and condo policies. We also offer a number of discounts, so you can be sure you're getting the best coverage at the best price.

    Read more