How can you get a hardship license in California?

Answered by

Helen Brode
Helen BrodeFinance and Insurance Writer

Posted on Jan 31, 2023

In California, a hardship license may be available to drivers who have had their license suspended or revoked. To be eligible for a hardship license, you must demonstrate that you need to drive for work, school, or medical reasons. You must also show that you have made a good faith effort to meet your license suspension requirements.

If you are interested in obtaining a hardship license, you should contact the DMV and speak to a representative about your eligibility. The DMV will review your case and determine if you are eligible for a hardship license.

People are also asking

  • Is an expired license plate a moving violation?

    1) An expired license plate is not technically a moving violation, but it can lead to other penalties depending on your state's laws.2) In most cases, an expired license plate will result in a ticket for an improper registration.3) You may also be subject to fines or other penalties if your license

    Read more
  • Is driving with an expired license a moving violation?

    Yes, driving with an expired license is a moving violation. If you are pulled over for driving with an expired license, you may be ticketed and your license may be suspended. It is important to renew your license on time to avoid any penalties.

    Read more
  • What is a moving violation?

    A moving violation is a traffic offense that occurs when a driver violates a traffic law while the vehicle is in motion. This can include speeding, running a red light, or driving without a seat belt. A moving violation can result in a ticket, which can lead to fines and points on your driver's lice

    Read more